If you purchased a Whirlpool-manufactured refrigerator with a bottom freezer, you may be entitled to benefits from a class action Settlement.
October 21, 2019 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Requests for Exclusion.
October 21, 2019 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Objections to Counsel and the Administrator.
November 22, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. PST – Fairness Hearing.
January 22, 2020 – Deadline to Submit a Claim Form for a Freezing Event prior to September 5, 2019. Postmark Deadline for Mailed Claim Forms.
December 31, 2021 – Deadline to Contact Whirlpool about a Future Freezing Event for Eligible Models in Group A (must be reported to Whirlpool at 1-888-900-7957 within 90 days after experiencing the Freezing Event and be within 5 years of purchase).
December 31, 2026 – Deadline to Contact Whirlpool about a Future Freezing Event for Eligible Models in Group B (must be reported to Whirlpool at 1-888-900-7957 within 90 days after experiencing the Freezing Event and must be within 5 years of purchase).
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool Corp. (“Whirlpool” or “Defendant”) regarding certain refrigerators with bottom freezers manufactured between 2009 and 2018.
- If you are included in the Settlement, you may qualify for reimbursement of out-of-pocket repair expenses incurred due to past or future freezer drain tube blockage problems that may result in leaking from the freezer door.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Read this notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:|
SUBMIT A CLAIM
|Submitting a Claim Form for a Freezing Event prior to September 5, 2019 is the only way to be reimbursed for repairs to a Class Refrigerator with freezer drain blockage problems. For a Future Freezing Event (on or after September 5, 2019), contact Whirlpool at 1-888-900-7957 by December 31, 2021 for Group A Models and December 31, 2026 for Group B Models. Future Freezing Events must be reported to Whirlpool within 90 days after experiencing the Freezing Event and be within 5 years of purchase.|
|Excluding yourself, or “opting out,” is the only option that allows you to ever be part of another lawsuit against Whirlpool for the legal claims resolved by this Settlement. If you exclude yourself from this Settlement, you will not be entitled to any of the benefits provided by this Settlement.|
|Mailing an objection is the only way to tell the Court that you are unhappy with any aspect of the Settlement.|
ATTEND THE FAIRNESS HEARING
|You may request an opportunity to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.
The hearing will be held at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, located at the Robert F. Peckham Federal Building, 280 South 1st Street, Courtroom 3, San Jose, California 95113
|If you do nothing, you will not receive reimbursement for repair expenses, and you will give up your right to ever be part of another lawsuit against Defendant about the legal claims resolved by this Settlement.|
- These rights and options are explained in the Notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. If the Court approves the Settlement and you submit a valid claim, benefits will be issued after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.
Contact the Settlement Administrator:
Corzine v. Whirlpool Corp. Settlement
Attn: Settlement Administrator
1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103